In-School & After-School Mentoring Program
The Lighthouse 4Students School Mentoring Program offers after-school and in-school programs primarily designed for students who need additional academic support. The L4S school and tutoring program is an extended educational program aiding with student’s math, reading, and provides homework assistance. L4S is a faith-based program providing mentoring for students who have good grades as well as encourages them to reach higher, and monitors grades to help prevent them from slipping. The program provides a computer and internet access for school related projects, and provides a safe and secure environment. No bullying, no lying, no cheating, no fighting, obey your parents, and learn how to love others is the basic faith-based principles adhered to in both the in-school and after-school program. Both programs provide academic assistance to all students regardless of race, color, creed, gender, religion, including students with disabilities.
This program was not designed to cure all our community problems or concerns, but designed to aide in the development of our youth in a positive manner by opening windows of opportunity through mentoring. Students who have mentors in their lives are less likely to have police contact and more likely to dream bigger and reach higher.
"Right Thinking Changes Bad Behavior"
We are working with the Broward County Public Schools to provide a safe classroom setting for all students to take advantage of.
Our programs are currently located in Dania Beach and Hollywood
at the following facilities and growing:
Lighthouse Community Church
Pines Middle School
Dania Beach Elementary
Olsen Middle School
L4S is Creating Building Blocks for Success
Life Skills Mentorship
Encourages Responsible Behavior
Positive Social Change
The In-School and After-School Mentoring/Tutoring Program
Stated Goals are, But Not Limited to the Following:
1) To improve and increase academic scores.
2) Promote positive social change.
3) Encourage responsible behavior.
4) Establish appropriate boundaries in the family, school, and neighborhood.
5) Provides a safe, smoke free environment.
6) Provides external and internal assets for youth development.
7) Provide the tools for homework assistance.
8) Mentoring one-on-one and in groups.
9) Career/college readiness and help locate grants for vocational schools.
10) Provides a learning over cheating philosophy.